We held a competition for children and their families to design a Rights Respecting Mascot for our school. Our winning entry was designed by Anya and Kieran Willis. This is on display throughout our school. His name is Raindrop.
This is what he represents:
- The head is a football which represents the right to play.
- The mouth is a banana which is the right to nutritious food.
- The light bulb represents the right to share ideas.
- The body is a drop of water, representing the right to clean water.
- The homework book represents the right to an education.
- The microphone is the right to be listened to.
- The feet are houses which represents the right to shelter.
- The belt represents the right to clothes.
- His big ears represent the right to be listened to.