Characteristics of a Techie
• Competence to code in a variety of practical and inventive ways, including the application of ideas within other subjects.
• The ability to connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law with moral and ethical intent.
• An understanding of the connected nature of devices.
• The ability to communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum.
• The ability to collect, observe and manipulate data effectively.
Across Key Stage 1 and 2 the computing curriculum is taught in blocks with each half term dedicated to an aspect of the curriculm. There are opportunities to revisit knowledge and skills across the planning cycle.
Aspirations For The Future
Pupils develop an understanding of how subjects and specific skills are linked to future jobs.
Here are some of the jobs you could aspire to do in the future as a Techie:
- Head of Architecture
- Building Society Manager
- Ethical Hacker
Our assessment systems enable teachers to make informed judgements about the depth of learning and the progress made over time.