The ‘basic’ school curriculum includes the ‘national curriculum’, as well as religious education and sex education.
The national curriculum is a set of subjects and standards used by primary and secondary schools so children learn the same things. It covers what subjects are taught and the standards children should reach in each subject.
The national curriculum is organised into blocks of years called ‘key stages’ (KS). At the end of each key stage, the teacher will formally assess your child’s performance. Our school includes Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. (R-Y6)
To find out more information on the curriculum for key stages 1 and 2 please see the Government website here or contact the school to make an appointment to speak with Mrs Ashton or your child’s Class Teacher.
School Curriculum Maps
Please see below for Class Curriculum Overviews. These documents will provide you with more detail on the lessons and activities your child will learn about each term and the topics covered:
- Class 1 – Curriculum Map 2019-2020
- Class 2 – Curriculum Map 2019-2020
- Class 3 – Curriculum Map 2019-2020
- Class 4 – Curriculum Map 2019-2020
- Class 1 – Autumn Term Planning 2019
- Class 1 – Spring Term Planning 2020
- Class 2 – Autumn Term Planning 2019
- Class 2 – Spring Term Planning 2020
- Class 3 – Autumn Term Planning 2019
- Class 3- Spring Term Planning 2020
- Class 4 – Autumn Term Planning 2019
- Class 4 – Spring Term Planning 2020
Archived Curriculum Plans
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At St Joseph’s RC Primary School we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the Teaching, Learning and the Curriculum section of the SEND Information Report.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.